Friday, March 21, 2008

Days 16, 17, 18, 19

Day 19
Wednesday March 19th
Tonight I inadvertently fell asleep at the computer. I was in a weird funk, totally drained. Work was a super stressful today for no particular reason. By the time 6ish rolled around my brain was fried. I started to do laundry but the flippin coin-op kicked me out at half-past 6. So I was like screw it and headed over to the SurfShack just across the block to hang for a bit. My plan was to spend the rest of the night at the VTA Vixens hut after visiting PonyBoy. And then I knocked off at the computer blogging away, only to be awakened around 11ish and left wondering where the daylight went. I only finished one blog entry and it is a little kooky truth be told, oh well. Tomorrow is another day, another story...



Day 18

Tuesday March 18th
I headed out to the east end for the first time in years for the afternoon. I had been invited to hang out with a bud from work and her fam. It was a pretty cool change-up in the coach surfing routine. I got to hang with the boys Max 3 and Jeffers 1 (almost). Max of course preceded to beat me quite handedly at Candyland, then Go Fish, then Dominoes, then Thomas the Train addition games, and pretty much anything else he challenged me too. I was tempted to challenge him to chess, but loosing to a 3 year old at chess would have been too much to handle. I was emasculated enough by the time I lost the 2nd Candyland game. Thankfully Sholly, a super hero of a mom, grilled up some wicked good grub for dinner. Piles of food kept coming out of the kitchen, it was intense! I ate till I popped All in all, a pretty chill evening.

High stakes Candyland...


Day 17
Monday March 17th
St. Patties day I hooked up with Isabella for a night on the town. Actually we met up after work for a quick burger and a pint. We spent the afternoon laughing at the poor fools standing in lines around the block to get in to Dargan's. Practically every bar on the strip was offering green beer, not sure what was so super special about Dargan's. Anyhow before we knew it, it was pushing up on midnight.



"Excuse me dude? Are you in a boy band?"


Day 16
Sunday March 16th
Sunday afternoon was a beautiful day, a tad cold but beautiful nonetheless. After doing nothing on Saturday, I was itching something fierce to get out and about. I headed down to the beach and spent the afternoon lounging in the sand. It was much needed therapy. After crashing under the stars, lulled to sleep by the rolling surf I awoke with my soul refreshed. It was a pleasant break from the day to day crap here in Ventuckey.


Despite temps on the beach hitting 38 degrees at 3am, it was cozy by the fire.

No comments: