Sunday, March 16, 2008

Day 14

Day 14
Friday March 14th
The work week is finally over. I did my daily errands feeling like an overplayed high school mix tape-- all catchy ballad with no real soul. I was so tired I just went through the motions of running errands and didn't really seem to accomplish much. As the sun began to set I retired to the beach and plopped my tired butt down in the warm sand. It took a couple hours watching the tide roll out to finally clear my head. As night crept ashore, a very cold wet wind began to pick up. I quickly retreated inland back to the Surf Shack. With everyone in bed I took advantage of the cloudless night for a little more me time. I lit a small fire which kept me toasty. In the fire light, I did a little journaling. With all of this I have really forgotten to write much, so it was definitely overdue.

The days of March are quickly ticking by. The month is almost half over. I am not quit sure how I feel about all that. As things came closer to the first of the month and it looked like living out of my car was going to actually become a reality, I did not mind all that much. I figured that with all the résumées, phone calls, emails, and job hunting in general that I would have had something the first or second week of March. It did not bother me at all to sleep out of the car for two weeks. To be honest, I never expected this whole homeless thing to last more then a few weeks without at least one of these job leads to pop into fruition.

Hmmmm, and now here we are. I haven't had more then a call back or interview in weeks. The only offers I have gotten pay way to little to be feasible. I never expected to hit a grand slam this time around, but this is crazy. The second half of the month is upon us and I intend to ratchet this little experience up a notch. We will see how it turns out...



Midnight fire-light journaling, totally out of focus-- the pic & the writing

No comments: