Thursday, March 27, 2008

Day 24

Day 24
Monday March 24th
Today I wrote. And wrote and wrote and wrote. Then I took a break for Jeopardy!. Then wrote some more. When I couldn't write anymore cause my brain hurt and my fingers were sore, I edited. And then I wrote some more. All told I finished two brand new chapters and tightened up the first 6. As of today I now have 8 pretty tight chapters. And we are off and running. All that is on my mind right now is banging this out. Getting to this point has been difficult in the least. I really struggled the last few chapters. I had come to an impasse, the first major conflict in the book and I wasn't sure how to proceed best. The writing before was simply character & story development. I was laying a foundation. It was laborious and tenuous.

As I approached this early crux, I was timid and afraid. I had to tread carefully. It was more of a chore then a creative process. It was no longer fun. The writing that I knew I must tackle but was not motivated to do so. But then I started, and plodded, and stumbled and after two days of seclusions have a decent early rising action. Now I am stoked. The rest is down hill from here! The momentum is building and creatively I am riding the surge. Now if I can only find a place where I can consistently spend time in front of a computer and hack away page after page.

Oh yah and one last note, during a commercial break on Jeopardy! I uploaded 5 more pics for week 1. The long lost CF card has been found and edited. So no new pics for tonight, but definitely double check Week 1 for the long lost CF card pics. Okay back to the novel...

No comments: