Sunday, March 23, 2008

Day 23

Day 23
Sunday March 23rd
Today was one of those miscellaneous days. You accomplish a bunch but don't really feel like it was a worthwhile day. I spent hours this morning searching job lists, sending follow-up emails, combing through various leads and hoping to find something at least remotely interesting. I didn't. Then on to the blog and sifting through hundreds of photos from the last few days. Editing, color correcting & finally posting them only to have to come up with something to say. Then off to the storage unit to pick up a month's worth of mail. I sat in the sun on the porch and paid bills, returned letters and dealt with other miscellaneous crap via snail mail. Then back to the computer to answer emails (I apologize if I have been lazy as of late) and Facebook schwag. Then a quick shower and off to run errands around town.

I made it back to the SurfShack about a half hour before golden hour. So I packed up the camera and the cell phone (I am so not used to this thing following me around everywhere. It is SO unnatural!). I sat on the beach and watched the sun set and the surf roll in and returned all my phone calls from the week. It was kinda heard to adjust to listening to a tiny ass speaker in the cell phone, especially with shoulder highs crashing right next to me and the wind whipping around my head. But I figured it out. I can even text message now with both thumbs! Who would have guessed just a month ago I would be text messaging! Look out world here I come! Actually you know being able to chat up Moms back home in four feet of snow from the beach here in Bakersfield by the Sea, I could get into this portable cellular phone thing. I mean I would if it wasn't just gonna be a passing fad...


Yah Moms we have a lotta snow here too....


The pier, the sunset, the waves.

1 comment:

Dylan Isbell said...

Both thumbs?!?! There is a reason why they were made posable. I see your weekend was filled with pleasure and pain, one in the same it seems. Give me a holler this week and lets see if we can take a hike or something... I think I'm back, you know as in wanting to travel further than the local Circle K and Dargan's. Hit me up lets take a hike, one that mom's would be proud of.