Sunday, October 5, 2008

Intermission

Intermission

We are taking a little break from the car living situation for the next few weeks. The goal is to be able to take a step back (and take regular showers) reassess and then move forward again accordingly. As of right now I have over 5,000 still photographs, almost 30 hours of uncut video tape, and a little over 100 pages of journalings and voice overs. Admittedly I am getting little buried under by all the raw material. It is difficult to remember everything I have shot and keep everything organized working out of the trunk of my car. Before the weather turns and the days grow shorter I want to be able to re-shoot different aspects that may have not turned out according to plan before I get too far ahead of myself.

As we head into the holidays and winter months, I want to take advantage of the lull during the change of seasons to get a good idea of what I have already. In compiling and editing everything I can really take a hard look at the story and how it has been evolving since February. Then with a little luck I'll have a better idea of how best to proceed. The goal is to edit for 6- 7 weeks, most of which will probably be just logging & capturing-- 30 hours is going to take forever! Then right before Thanksgiving the idea is to get back into the car and finish out the year. We will see how that works. I am very interested to learn and experience how folks in similar situations will handle the holidays and the up-coming winter months. No worries, I just got my long johns back from the wash.

No comments: