Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Puppers

Puppers

I've wanted a dog for the longest time now-- and not just any dog but a real man's dog you know. Now I have three. Well okay 2 and a half if you are really counting. And yes I suppose they are not technically mine. I am more like the crazy uncle you had as a kid. You know the one you would be super excited to see at family get-togethers. The one that was really really loud and made all the other grown-ups grin nervously. The one that would take you out back and tell you stories that your parents would never approve of. The one that always was drinking something out of a brown paper bag with a twinkle in his eye. Yah that one. I am kinda like the crazy uncle to the dogs. I can play w/ 'em, sneak them snacks, and get them all riled up and then leave their humans to clean up the mess. Definitely the crazy uncle, yup me...




Kaia, Boxer (Aaron's)-- I was sitting on the floor tonight watching TV and trying to eat a plate of curried pork with an apple jalapeno chutney when I dribbled a bit on my chest. Oops right. No worries, Kaia was there in a flash and licked my shirt clean. Granted I was still wearing it at the time which was kind of awkward. But regardless, man what a life! Think how much further we could reduce our carbon foot print if we all had dogs. No more paper towels and totally hands free. Save the planet, get a pupper.


Sadie, Golden (Michelle's)-- When I was a kid we had family friends with a chubby Golden named Sadie. We adored her. She definately left an early lasting impression on me. She is one of the first dogs I can remember from childhood and I remember her fondly. In high school I dated a cute Irish girl named Sadie. She had these big brown watery eyes. Every time I heard her name or saw those big brown eyes I would giggle. She shared her name with a dog. I might have dated her just slightly in part because she shared her name with this much loved pupper. To make a long story short, the relationship didn't last long.

No comments: