Friday, September 5, 2008

Days 180- 184

Day 184
Saturday August 30th

I visited the hot springs real quick en route to snap some shots of the moonless sky. Its project I started last year around ummm June or July I think. It is still going, not necessarily strongly but going nonetheless. So far in a little over a year I have taken 18 exposures. I have probably hiked about 150 or so miles just to get to a spot to take those 18 exposures. I have probably driven three or four times that just to get to the trail heads. I have probably spent between 70 & 80 hours just waiting around for the exposures to finish. I have not seen a single frame through all of this and have no idea if I even loaded the camera right or if my math is way off (probably is). I probably have another 3- 4 months to go before developing this roll. You gotta love film!


I finally found a pleasant use for this stupid cell phone-- light painting!



Day 183
Friday August 29th

Headed over tot he Surfshack for the night. I had not been there for a while so it was cool to have a quick six and catch up w/ PonyBoy. His new Fantasy Football (Americano) league is starting up in a few and per usual he was stoked to get into the Fantasy nitty gritty. What had originally been intended as a quick six turned into a drawn out 12. It was well worth it!



Day 182
Thursday August 28th

???

I forgot what goes here...



Day 181
Wednesday August 27th

Went on a date, kinda sorta. I mean I think it was a date but without any of the drama a first date usually entails. There is definately a story here. I will let you know when I figure out just how it all ends.


El Rey Cantinia-- half wild west saloon, half Parisian tequila bar; a little bit of the Folsom Johnny Cash, a little bit of coked out Johnny Ramon!


Canon shooter, we will get along great me thinks...




Day 180
Tuesday August 26th

Drove up into Rose Valley with Cason for the night. We planned on making camp next to this chill little stream in the the tall grass. Then we were joined for the evening by a legion of bloody thirsty annoying bugs. Disappointed we retreated up into the valley for more accomodating accommodations. We settled down at a site just below the waterfall which seemed to work. We chatted for a bit and then got to work chopping up some wood for kindling. Out of no where this bearded old man starts bellowing us with this bassoon of a voice that the helicopters were gonna come get us. Once we got him calmed down we realized that he was trying to say the park ranger's air station for the fire lookouts was just above our campsite about half a mile. If they saw the smoke they would send the helicopter down to investigate and we would all be in deep poo. He insisted that the minimum fine for a fire right now would be at least $1012. YIKES! I guess we are not having any warmth for the night, which is a shame cause it gets dang chilly up in the valley after sunset. Its even colder in the morn, trust me, and a fire is just the thing to shake off the cobwebs by as you pull on a hot cup o' joe. Maybe tomorrow...


34.1 degrees American an hour after sunrise-- brutal to wake up to let me tell you!

No comments: