Monday, September 15, 2008

Day 200

The Last Ten Days, pt. 3

Day 200
Monday Sept. 15th

Hard to imagine it has been 200 days. It seems like a lifetime honestly and yet at times it seems like just a flicker in my memory. I kind of feel like celebrating. I feel like this should be some flavor of small victory, a stepping stone maybe, a minor personal victory of sorts. But in reality its just another Monday night camping out in the alley behind Target. I did allow myself a small bit of time to ruminate and reflect on the last seven months over a cup of herbal tea. It has most certainly been a learning experience and suffice to say one heck of journey of self-exploration (or maybe exploitation is a better word?). At the same time I can't really rest on a milestone. I have to be as diligent and motivated as ever.

The world doesn't care if it has been 2 days, 200 days, or 2000 thousand days. You gotta be on your toes when you are living out there on the streets. You never know when a bit of bad luck may come your way. When it does it comes often and in so many different forms. When it comes it can get ugly super fast if you are caught unawares. That is just the way things are out here.



Brewing up a spot o' tea on the sidewalk before bed.


The 'get.


The Jet Boil turned up to 11, tea in 38 seconds!

No comments: