Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Days 31, 32, 33

Days 33
Wednesday April 2nd
I had an interesting little interlude at work today. Late this morning I am day-dreaming away, feet up, coffee in hand when I hear all this commotion outside. So I pop on up and have a look out the window. Lo and behold, some moron getting back to the complex after an early three martini lunch and driven up on the curb and ran over a fire hydrant. A huge geyser erupted immediately. Hilarity ensued. The poor gentleman barely managed to back his car off the curb before being catapulted into the stratosphere. He calmly parallel parked a few feet behind the maelstrom, got out of his car with a "what me?" expression
and sauntered back into his office.


If that isn't bad enough for the poor sap, the funny part is, my office is basically in the same complex as the Ventuckey Police headquarters & CHP office. Within minutes the place was swarming w/ police, sheriffs, off-duty, on-duty, plain clothes, blue clothes, cadets, fireman and a handful of other county employees. Everyone was laughing away and snapping pictures w/ cell phones and little silver point-n-shoots. It was like the Ventuckey Protect & Serve BBQ. Everyone was having fun. Eventually a circle of firemen drew straws to see who was the unlucky bastard that had to wad out into the pond and saddle the spewing geyser back into the ground. Okay maybe they didn't draw straws, it could have been rock-paper-scissors, on that I am not sure. (Okay actually none of this happened quite this way but it certainly is plausible right? Besides I figure if plausible, not accuracy is good enough for CNN, The WashPost, NY Times, Fox News and the rest of the mainstream media its good enough for a blog yah?) In the end one poor fellow suited up and after reserving himself to the fact he was gonna get wet & wild he slowly meandered on out. And with a few turns of the screw the fun was over.

"Fore...!"

A river runs through it.

"What do you mean I got the short straw?"


Day 32
Tuesday April 1st
I write some more. So far I have four pages, yup four. Just a little bit south of 30, but on the way I suppose. You notice I made quite the cool little set up for myself, right next to the toilet. I'll let you know how it turns out...

Writer's block, again and again and again...


Day 31
Monday March 31st
I plan on spending the week at the Poli house being a hermit and working on the book. We will see how it goes. My goal is two chapters, so about 20- 30ish pages perhaps. It seems not to be an issue. I mean seriously, I can usually bang out 30 pages in my sleep. Lately though sitting down after a long day at the office and trying to relax and wash away the stress of life and be creative just hasn't been as easy as I would like. So here it is Monday, I have four days holed up on Poli, I hope I can pull it off...


Hmmm someone needs a date with a razor.

1 comment:

Dylan Isbell said...

Spot news at work, how exciting... really I am sure it was but even more exciting are the errors in your text... The best writer is a re-writer, ok. So saunter over to someone's desk to see if you misspelled anything or if there are any grammatical errors and correct those errors... got it?

Oh and by the way, the Royals are now 3-0!

*And by the way, if there are any subtleties of rudeness in this response I blame it on the 3 horse for coming in second. I had 40 bucks on that nag!!!