Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Day 28

Day 28
Friday March 28th
Well wouldn't you know it, finally after all this time it is my turn. Countless random people have had their shot at shaving my head over the last month. Sparky, Sparky's Pops, Giggles, PonyBoy, Shanny, I could go on and on... I should have charged admission. It was a three ring bloody circus half the time! Some of my last few haircuts were like a tag team rumble royal with rather dull sheep shears. But now I finally get to return the deed and shave PonyBoy bald. I am talking #1 bald. (Now me, I prefer a #3 for the summer time...) It is funny when I think about it. Since Feb. 29th, I have cut my hair four times. That is more hair cuts then I have had in the last hmmm I dunno, maybe six (?) years.

Going back to 2001, I cut my hair right before my accident (only the second time since high school I think!), sometime that summer. Then I cut it again right after I got out of the hospital. At that point hair cuts were such torture. My head was swollen and tender and full of stitches for months. A trip to the barber just wasn't a pleasant undertaking. I don't think I touched it again until right before I left for SoCal in June of 2004. I think I shaved it right after my birthday so it had time to flush out before showing up in Cali. So where are we at, oh yah okay that is three so far. I did not keep it long for that long. Moms made me promise to cut it before my bro's wedding in Chicago the next summer. I kinda remember being a little bummed out because it had just started to look good again. With the hair I have it has to be either fairly short or fairly long. Anywhere in between and it is completely a run-away train wreck. In the morning I wake up with a crazy wafro you know. I have really really thick curly hair and anything more then an inch or two is a recipe for disaster. I need to take pounds of goo to make it look somewhat orderly.

So okay #4 hair cut was summer the of 2005. And that was pretty much that until this spring 200-bloody-8. Call it five, five hair cuts since 2001. Dude that is some serious cash I have saved since then.
Not too shabby at all...



Before...

During...

Chabot what, in all that is holy, did you do to my head?!?
("I attempt to smile at this only because you are shoving a camera in my face!")
Hey in my defense, it WAS dark...

1 comment:

Tom said...

why does miller look like a skinhead?