Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Toe (or Lack Thereof)

Toe (or Lack Thereof)
Still outside of Santa Barbara

Ouch is all I can say. I stubbed my toe. It was kind of a bummer. We were having a grand ole' time walking from the Mouth over to the Melee area up at Lizard's. The sunset was perfect, the air was crisp for one last sunset session. I thought long and hard about finishing out the day with a couple easy crack climbs but as I was sorta woozy from blood lose common sense prevailed. We did however finish our hike unhindered. The drive back through the mountains in the dark was groovy but no big deal. Since then however walking has been a real "pain" in the as- errr toe...



Whoever knew the baby toe was such a gusher?


The first aid was not exactly up to par for a NOLS course, but we did what we could with what we had. "What we had" being precisely a piece of crinkled notebook paper, duct tape, a lighter, and a stick of chewing gum. Okay settle down MacGyver, I am kidding about the chewing gum. It worked out fine. You know what they say, "If you can't duc' it, #!*@ it!"


The worst part-- taking the duct tape off. This made worse of course by having no feeling left in the foot but realizing how bad it is by your roommate's expression.


**For some more really rad shots of the day (me), check out Bick's blog here, here, here
and here.**

No comments: