Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Days 100, 101, 102

Day 102
Tuesday June 10th

Mossied on over to the Warmer for the game. Made the grisly mistake of wearing Celtics green to a Laker's bar. Oops! Much abuse (and free drinks after the Celts lost) ensued.

Lakers by 6, at least they covered the spread! Celtics up 2-1 in the best of 7 series. Go Boston, beat LA!




Day 101
Monday June 9th

Health has been one thing that has always really been a worry for me since starting this little social experiment. Personal hygiene was up there too, but everyone around these parts already knows me as a dirty hippie and just 'cause I shaved my head doesn't change that perception. So health, yah big concern. I don't have the ability to bike anymore. With gas prices the way the are driving out to the mtns. to climb every day just isn't in the paycheck. I am WAY too fat to run. Roller blading, though I dig it, is as I have been informed a gay holdover from the '90s. All joking aside, not having a consistent place to shower negatively impacts my motivation to do anything that will result in ending up a sweaty mess. Secondly, and more importantly in my worrisome way, my daily caloric intact is so minimal not having a fridge or a real stove that I really just do not have the energy after work to do anything too active.

So I sit and blog and drink way too much and grower fluffier by the day. Obviously that has to change. So I got into this thing where I try to walk as much as possible. I got me a fancy new pedometer (that doesn't really work) and I walk. My goal is 18,000 steps a day. Based on my stride and some fuzzy math that is more or less ten miles for me a day. Here are the numbers so far after a week:

Monday 6852
Tuesday 10674
Wednesday 8425
Thursday 8002
Friday 20832
Saturday 10267
Sunday 3642
Today 8325

I am getting close on some days but need to be much more consistent. Lets face it, the belly hasn't gone anywhere in a week. Time to step it up, quite literally.




I think it says rest and have a beer....




Day 100!
Sunday June 8th

I wish I could say I did something absolutely monumental to celebrate 100 days living outta my car, but I can't. It is odd really. It was just another day for me. For the last 99 days, and admittedly even before that, I had looked at the centennial as a huge milestone-- a right of passage so to speak. Sailors who cross the equator usually get a tattoo or ghonerhea to commemorate the occasion. Don't believe me, seriously check out http://martinfuentesphoto.com/index.htm. I never ever thought back in January or February I would be able to say this. I honestly thought I would spend a week or so, okay maybe worst case scenario ten days crashing on the beach before I got a new job and escaped Ventuckey. Obviously the Fates didn't quite weave it that way. So here we are, maybe on day 122 I will break out a bottle of something bubbly. 122 days, that is 1/3 of a year! Now that is something to brag about-- and it is just around the corner, yikes!

Blogging away instead of celebrating?

1 comment:

George William Boe iv said...

It's All In Your Head

by Mark Pettus, MD, FACP

It's all about taking little steps towards better health and mind. It's a good read and written by someone residing in the Celtic State. You'll like it.