Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sunrise


Sunrise
somewhere in the Mojave Desert, Calif.
Sept. 2010




Temperatures though the deserts of southern Utah, Arizona, and California were well over 100 degrees, sometimes pushing beyond 110 on the highway. It had been four days of ridiculous heat. The dog and I were over it.

Even though I had already been on the road since 5am I decided to drive straight through the night. I thought once the sun set it would cool off. Besides its barely 10 hours from the Grand Canyon to Ventura. Boy was I wrong. Once the sun set the humidity climbed as did the mercury. Then the thunderstorms started. The whole car shook with every thunder clap. My hair was tingling and standing on end from the static electricity. Then the rain came. It rained so hard it was like a cow peeing on a flat rock.

With white knuckles are clenched teeth we pushed on through the blackness. When morning came we were greeted with an amazing sunrise.




Billboard.

No comments: