Monday, October 25, 2010

No Smoking


No Smoking
Motel 6
between Little Rock & Memphis
August 2010




I found this going through odds & ends of the road trip. It made me chuckle then, makes me chuckle now. If you get yourself a no smoking room wouldn't it be easier/ make more sense to either A) remove all the ashtrays in the no smoking rooms all together and B) put up a simple sign that reiterates the desired no smoking policy? Nope, guess not. Instead in the ever-seeing wisdom of corporate America, they decided to print no smoking stickers and affix them to the bottoms of the ashtrays in each room. Really? Really?

Isn't it feasible that an offending smoker could turn the ashtray over and use it as such only to argue later on that he/she found the ashtray in its rightful position and thus missed the no smoking sign? Okay... try as I might, I can't make this shyte up.





Convenience.

No comments: