Monday, November 24, 2008

Log & Capture

Log & Capture


Log and capture, capture and log-- this was my lot for the last five weeks. One of the biggest reason why I am taking this house-broken break is to get a decent understanding of everything I have shot in the last ten months. That means pulling every tape into the computer and making detailed notes of what I have, what I don't have, what I need to re-shoot, and where I want to go with this whole mess. I have a little over 41 hours of video tape that I have never really had the opportunity to scrutinize. I also have a little over 5,000 still images to go through. This does not include another 12,000 give or take just for time lapses.

It is a big ball of wax. I knew before I got too far along I absolutely had to take an account of where I stood. So five weeks into the preliminary stage of post-production I have captured 10 hours of video into the computer and I have edited the still images down to about 500. Hopefully by the first week of December I will have all the video into the computer and have the images edited down to a more manageable 200 give or take. There is still so much more to do and so little time!
At least an idea is starting to take form and I am most certainly in a much better place now in terms of piecing all this together.




10 Hours down & 31 to go

No comments: