Monday, June 18, 2012

Archives #1

Archives #1
June 2012




Cool thing #6 about being unemployed; finding long forgotten gems buried in dusty hard drives. I am constantly sending out job aps, re-doing my resume, and evaluating my portfolio. For the most part I seem to have the job hunt workflow down like an expert. Its dialed in. Like a finely tuned symphony. Like Big Casey at bat. Except that I am still unemployed. So maybe I'm not as expert as I would like to think. Even the mighty Casey struck out right. So these last few days I have been firing up long dormant hard drives and sifting through terabytes of images, designs, marketing pieces, emails, reference letters, and other assorted flotsam and jetsom. Ahhh the memories, it has been slightly productive but for the most part I sit back remembering times past. The good ole' days I suppose. I laugh. I cry. I promise to do better.

In my hunting today I stumbled across some of the first B&W images I made after I moved back to Maine. Man the memories they inspired. Crawling around in the dark. Exploring. Jumping fences. Picking locks. Totally illegal. Trespassing. Dodging coppers. Dodging the ghosts of Christmases past. Guessing exposure times. Its film, can't wing it? 30 seconds here. 1 minute there. 4 minutes on occasion. Holding my breath the whole time. 150 years of history at my finger tips, as long as security didn't catch me. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Back when photography was a passion not a paycheck. I miss it. God I miss it.




Closed.


Hall.


Electric.


Loom.

No comments: