Monday, October 31, 2011

Sespe

Sespe Hot Springs Hike
Sespe Wilderness, Calif.
October 2011



"Remember the days when an adventure almost always entailed biting off more then you could chew? Time to get back in the habit. Time for an adventure. Time to stretch tired legs and a tireder soul. Time to make new stories, sing new songs, and spin new yarns. Its time for a long over due walk in the woods. See yah when the whiskey's gone or the legs are happy, whichever comes first."
That was what I was thinking when I first set out. I should have bit my tongue, knocked on wood, etc. etc. etc. If an adventure doesn't start until everything goes wrong, this was one heck of an adventure cause everything went wrong. The map was wrong, the temps reached well over 100 degrees by 9am, I had 7 blisters after the first 2 miles, the poor dog over heated, food spoiled, water dried up, a 35 mile 3 day leisurely walk turned into a 2 day slog thanks to the dog eating a skunk our 2nd night, I could go on and on but I digress.

Im glad we went out, I'm even glader we are back home sitting on the couch with a cold one.





River.


100 in the shade.


<----- Coastal______|______High Desert ----->


Cabin.


Welcoming.


Jack.


Jacked.


Junk.


Milky.


Sun Rise.


No comments: