Thursday, March 3, 2011

Been Cooking

Been Cooking
Kitchen, Le Hermitage
Feb. 2011



Cool thing #12 about being unemployed; making a mess in the kitchen! When I was working it was rare I would ever spend more then a few minutes preparing dinner in the evening. More often then not after a long stressful day in the office I would come home, boil up some pasta, add a sausage or two and call it good. Sometimes I would skip dinner all together for a beer and a smoke and an early night hitting the hay. Getting creative in the kitchen was quite rare.

Now wasting a few hours to toss together some lunch in the afternoon is a joy. Rolling up the sleeves and trying new recipes and experimenting all evening long for a crazy dinner is something I look forward to. I've been whipping up all sorts of different lasagnas, homemade ravioli, chinese pies, all sorts of new stir fries w/ different Thai sauces, coq au vin, the list goes on and on. So far everything has been quite delectable (knock on wood!).





Pan Seared Peppered Ahi w/ Rosemary & Garlic Pommes Frites, garnished w/ En Salade Herbes FraƮches.


Spam Musubi.

No comments: