Sunday, February 8, 2009

Days 261- 264

Day 264
Friday February 6th

I took a day off from work to rustle up some Final Cut action. I spent the majority of the day editing. It is amazing how quickly the hours can tick by when you are deep in the poop you know. The editing itself went pretty well given the fact the actually shooting of the short message was a total craps shoot. The production value was pretty poor, all my fault. I have no one to blame but myself.

When I showed up to shoot the my break out box was making a funny noise when I shook it (so don't shake it!). That meant no wireless lav mics. The batteries in the shotgun mics had drained down to zero because I never turned them off the last time I shot. Of course I had pirated batteries from my camera bag for a head lamp one night and never thought to replace them. Looks like we have to go with the on-board mic (big GROAN). Not only that but I pulled out my head phones to use at the editing station at work so I could not even check myself when I was winging it. I couldn't get the manual white balance to function on the camera and had to wing it with the preset fixings. This gave everything either a magenta color cast or a greenish hue. Not very appealing.

Despite all that the shooting itself went pretty smoothly for the most part. And now we still had to suck it up and edit. And this is how it turned out. Forget about everything else. It is the message that takes priority. I honestly believe that this story and this message has so much power and real human emotion that even with my piss poor planning, it shines through amazingly well.

The finished message can be seen here: Dear Mr. President




Day 263
Thursday February 5th

Cubensis show, yah we didn't go. Spent the night blogging away and editing photos/video for this new project. It was pretty darn productive but not nearly as much fun!




Day 262
Wednesday Febraury 4th

Spent another evening with la familia and filmed a short message to President Obama.


Letter to Obama.




Day 261
Tuesday February 3rd

For lack of a better word, Lorem Ipsum.

No comments: